Contributed by Kean Graham, CEO of MonetizeMore
Kean started MonetizeMore in 2010 with the goal to build a bootstrap business that would dramatically increase ad revenues for publishers. Over the years, Kean has perfected the proprietary MonetizeMore ad optimization model and now increases ad revenues for hundreds of publisher networks in over 40 countries.
Competition for top-notch developers has never been as heated as it is now. As MonetizeMore transitions into a technology company, building and optimizing our developer team has become our prime focus. Here are the main reasons why our developers love working for us.
Location freedom: As long as they have stable Internet, each developer has the ability to work and live anywhere in the world they please. Many ambitious developers feel they need to move to expensive cities like New York or San Francisco to advance their careers. With MonetizeMore, you don’t have to move. You can earn the same compensation while avoiding cities with high costs.
Schedule freedom: Our developers are not restricted to the typical 9-to-5, and can choose the time of day they prefer to work. Many developers like to work in bursts, allowing themselves space to recharge in between. That’s not possible with typical office hours. We encourage each of our developers to work during the times they excel the most.
Minimal scheduled meetings: There is a lot of wasted time during meetings. As a result, we try to keep scheduled meetings to a minimum. We have one quick stand-up meeting per weekday to communicate each team member’s goals for the day, and the rest of our time is devoted to building innovative technology. That is what our developer team loves to do, and we want them to spend as much time as possible doing exactly that.
Minimal interruptions: When a developer is in the zone, getting interrupted is the worst thing that can happen. We have filtered communication from non-developers via Slack for very urgent requests and a ticketing system for everything else. This minimizes interruptions so our developers can focus on the tasks at hand.
– Build Greenfield Technology: We are building some of the most innovative ad technology on the planet. Our developers are innovating past unexplored bounds and continue to push it further. Our technology measurably outperforms our competitors that are 50x larger than MonetizeMore. We might not be larger than our competitors but we can innovate quicker and our developers are definitely smarter. The technology that our developer team is building is revolutionizing the ad tech industry and the user experience of 100,000,000s of users.
-Developer Team Feeling Valued: Our greatest source of competitive advantage derives from our developer team and the technology they build. Without a happy, top-notch, empowered team, we would be doomed to mediocrity. Therefore, we base a lot of our decisions on how it will affect our developer team’s morale and performance.
We are proud of the developer team we’ve been able to build so far, and are excited to continue to hire and grow. The ad tech industry has never seen innovation at the speed it’s at now. This is a crucial time in our industry to out-innovate our competitors with intrepid solutions. In order to achieve this, we need to continue to hire the best and empower our current team.
- What’s New in Retrace: Java on Windows Support Now Available - March 20, 2018
- ASP.NET Interview Questions: Tips for Hiring ASP.NET Developers - October 6, 2017
- What is HockeyApp? How It Works, Key Features, and More - October 1, 2017
- Top Software Deployment Tools: 25 Useful Tools to Streamline Software Delivery - September 22, 2017
- PowerShell Commands Every Developer Should Know: 50+ Cmdlets for Getting Things Done, Monitoring Performance, Debugging - September 21, 2017