Today’s episode of Developer Things features guest Cory House. Cory is a consultant and professional speaker who also writes software and creates online courses for developers.
Some of the highlights of the episode include:
- Cory’s consulting work, and how he decided to specialize in React
- How public speaking has impacted Cory’s career
- How different employers view the prospect of sending employees to speak at conferences
- Cory’s experience with Pluralsight and the courses that he’s created there.
- Cory’s plans for the future
- How developers can use blogging to advance their careers
- Cory’s thoughts about web assembly
- Cory’s thoughts about bitcoin
Quotes by Cory House:
“If you want to do consulting gigs, you need to specialize.”
“The software alone, which developers tend to fixate on, is not enough. People won’t magically show up at your door if you don’t have a solid sales side as well.”
“As far as reach goes, you’re pretty hard-pressed to get a reach grander than blogging.”