Today’s episode of Developer Things features Steve Feldman. Steve is the Vice President of Engineering at Contrast Security.
The subject of security in the area of software development is an important one, as there are a number of different challenges that face developers trying to develop more secure software. Listen to the episode to hear what Steve has to say on the subject of security in software development.
Highlights of today’s episode include:
- How developers can become more aware of patterns and defects that can lead to security vulnerabilities
- OWASP – The Open Web Application Security Project
- How Contrast Security’s software works to address vulnerabilities in code
- WAFs – Web Application Firewalls
- Tips for writing better and more secure code
- Importance of feedback when writing and testing code
Quotes by Steve:
“Just like you look at performance of a running application, we’re really looking at the security posture of a running application.”
“The thrill of the forensic side which got me into performance, is what got me into security.”
“My best recommendation to developers is to find ways to get feedback about their security posture in their existing tool pipeline.”