Components of Angular vs AngularJS
Use of Directives between Angular vs AngularJS
While both Angular and AngularJS use Directives, how they use them makes the difference. Angular has standard Directives while AngularJS has a pack of them. One has to be cautious while using the Directives. For instance, when you want to create a two-way binding in AngularJS, you will have to use the ng-model. For one-way binding, you will use ng-bind.
In Angular, you will find only the ngModel. You can use the symbols for one-way binding as:” ,” and two-way binding as:” [()].” “” is for property binding, while “()” is for event binding.
Architecture of Angular vs AngularJS
This framework has a model-view-controller (MVC) that acts as the central component as it manages data, logic, rules, and expresses how the applications behave.
Model: The model is where management of all data is stored.
View: The view generates the output after reviewing the information in the model.
Controller: The controller receives the input and converts it to commands which it sends to the model and view.
Angular uses components that are directives with templates. There are two kinds of directives in Angular.
Structural directives: they alter the DOM’s layout by replacing its elements.
Attributive directives: it changes how the DOM behave and the appearance of the element.
AngularJS does not provide mobile support while Angular supports mobile.
Performance and Speed
Angular JS; The two-way binding feature ultimately reduces the efforts and time of construction.
Angular; The framework upgraded to a better structure, which provides improved performance and speed.
Angular JS; The framework relies on third-party tools such as IDE and WebStorm.
Angular: It uses the Command Line Interface (CLI) to reduce the time when creating applications.
The advantages of Angular vs AngularJS
Most of Angular’s core functionalitymoved to various modules that created a lighter and a faster core.
There is a combination of asynchronous templates and added support for reactive programming.
Command Line Interface helps to create and serve angular applications. It takes care of project building and makes testing more accessible.
The architectural component:
This helps to divide the functional and logical components.
Angular uses unidirectional change detection. Rather than using directives like AngularJS use, Angular makes use of Hierarchical Dependency Injection to boost the framework’s performance significantly.
Although Angular is written in TypeScript, it also has other language choices such as ES5, ES6, and Dart, used for writing codes.
The Angular framework has a simple path. It can interpret a URL as a directive to navigate to a client-view.
Advantages of AngularJS vs Angular
- MVC: The Model View Controller uses data binding to speed up application development.
- The use of two-way data binding and POJO Models provides a conclusive interface that enables you to use less code in your projects.
- AngularJS comes with a ready unit testing feature that is continuously updated. A developer uses his own code to find any defects in his design.
- AngularJS offers a comprehensive solution for frontend development since it does not depend on other frameworks and plugins.
- Since the declarative language AngularJS uses is HTML, it is quite intuitive.
- The AngularJS framework provides the user with reusable-components.
- AngularJS has a much simpler architecture to develop mobile and web applications quickly.
Despite the differences between Angular vs Angular JS, they each have their benefits. Google maintains both frameworks, and so they both have extensive community support. I prefer Angular because it creates dynamic applications for both web and mobiles and can create single-page applications using TypeScript and HTML.
- Angular vs AngularJS: Differences Between Angular and AngularJS - August 7, 2020